In an effort to be more environmental and budget friendly, here are simple things you can do inside and outside your home to save water:
- Don't water your lawn if rain is predicted.
- Mow less often and leave clippings to help nourish the lawn.
- Position your sprinklers to get the most area of lawn and garden.
- Use a pool cover to reduce evaporation from your pool.
- Use a shut-off nozzle on your house and turn off when not in use.
- Use plants and landscaping that don't require a lot of watering.
- Compost food scraps rather than running your food disposal.
- Install low-flow shower heads, toliets and faucets.
- Fill dishwasher and washers completely before running.