- How long have you been in business?
- In what areas have you built?
- What sets you apart from other builders?
- What type of warranty program do you offer?
- What are your fees for building a home (fixed price, cost plus, management fee)?
- How do you charge for extras?
- Who supervises your construction?
- How long have your trade people been working with you?
- How often during the week is the builder out at the job site?
- Who will I be dealing with during construction?
- Will that person have the authority to make final decisions?
- How many hours per year do you and your supervising staff participate in continuing education within the home building industry?
- Do you belong to the Builders Association of Greater Indianapolis?
- Can you provide a list of references, including homeowners, suppliers, subcontractors, and consultants such as architects and engineers?
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Questions to ask a builder
Building a home can be an exciting but stressful undertaking. That is why it is important to choose a builder you can trust to guide you through the process. Here are a few suggestions of questions to ask when choosing a builder: